General Selling Conditions
1) PRICES :
The prices indicated on its web site by MERU TOUR are in US dollars, 10% VAT included, for one person and on the basis of double room occupancy with breakfast included.
Prices are indicative – based on the known economic conditions during the “on-line” setting – for a stay completed before the 31st of May and may vary according to the economic conditions in force, the exchange rates and the rules of the government taxes at the date of the written confirmation by MERU TOUR.
These prices include:
– Driver and air-conditioned car or minibus for the entire trip proposed in the program (from airport arrival to airport departure included), except for the downtown journeys for evening meals.
– English-speaking Guide, specialist in Cambodian history and architecture of the temples, during the entire stay (from airport arrival to airport departure included),
– The entrance fees for the sites to be visited, as well as for the boat trip and the evenings shows
– Accommodation in European standard hotels with breakfast included
– The dinner show and picnics of the extensions, exclusively
– The taxes in force in Cambodia
These prices do not include:
– The round trip air transport between the country of origin and Cambodia
– The cost of visa entry in Cambodia
– The cancellation, medical, and/or repatriation insurances
– The supplement for Guide speaking other European or Asian languages
– Drinks, tips to the Guide and Driver, as well as other personal expenditures
– Meals other than the dinner show and the picnics of the extensions
The final price of the stay chosen by the Customer is that mentioned in the quotation confirmation addressed to the Customer by MERU TOUR . This confirmation is accompanied by the detailed description of the voyage and the services provided by MERU TOUR , taking into account the date and time of arrival / departure of the Customer and particular Customer demands.
2) CONDITIONS OF SALE:
The reservation is effective as soon as the requested information mentioned in Chapter “TARIFFS and RESERVATION” are provided to MERU TOUR by the Customer:
– at the time of the on-line reservation for a standard stay
– or after reception of the offer of MERU TOUR for a personalized stay
In the case of a standard stay reservation, MERU TOUR answers with a quotation confirmation.
22) Confirmation of order:
The confirmation of the stay, including the Customer’s complete personal data requested from Chapter “Tariffs and Reservation”, must be sent to MERU TOUR by email through email@example.com at the latest six weeks before the starting date of the services.
It should also include:
– the copy of the payment transfer confirmation for 30% of the whole price (as mentioned below)
– the complete data about the travel insurances subscribed by the Customer for all of the participants in the voyage (See note 3)
– the first and last names of each participant in the voyage
– the number of adults as well as the number of children under twelve (12) years old
The confirmation by the Customer implies the final acceptance of the program, the accommodation and transportation conditions and the price of the proposed stay, as well as the entire General Selling Conditions.
23) Payment of the agreed price:
The amounts due will be paid by the Customer, in US dollars exclusively, by SWIFT transfer to the credit of MERU TOURaccount. The instructions for the transmitting bank will be sent along with the pro forma invoices (See note 6).
– The 30% payment (thirty per cent) of the total price of the selected stay is payable by the Customer at the time of the confirmation and, at the latest, six weeks before the starting date of the services.
– The balance of 70% (seventy per cent), is payable by the Customer no later than twenty days before the starting date of the services.
24) Cancellation’s Penalties:
In the event of cancellation by the Customer, or of “no show” on the starting date of the services, and in order to cover the expenses and withdrawals of reservations which it will have to support, in particular on behalf of the hotels, MERU TOURwill be obliged to apply the following penalties :
– More than thirty days before the starting date of the services: 100 US Dollars per pax
– Between thirty days and twenty one days before the starting date of the services: 30% of the total amount
– Between twenty days and eight days before the starting date of the services: 50% of the total amount
– Between seven days and two days before the starting date of the services: 75% of the total amount
– Less than two days before the starting date of the services or in the event of “no show”: 100% of the total amount
Any started program which is suddenly cancelled by the Customer’s decision or by some unforeseeable event or “force majeure”, will not give place for any refunding by MERU TOUR . (See note 4)
Before his departure, the Customer will have to subscribe to an Insurance covering all of the participants against inherent risks during the voyage, such as diseases, accidents, medical repatriation of the concerned participant(s), as well as the accompanying person(s), etc… this list not being restrictive.
At the time of confirmation, the Customer is obliged to provide, the name of the insurance company, the N° of contract and the emergency telephone number to MERU TOUR so that MERU TOUR can intervene for the safeguard of the Customer and the participants if they are not able to do it themselves.
While all efforts shall be taken to ensure faithful compliance with requested services and facilities, MERU TOUR cannot be held responsible for any “force majeure” – delays, damages, losses, injuries, accidents, irregularities and other accidental costs – which may be caused either by willful or negligent acts on the part of the individuals or companies providing the services and facilities connected with the tour or caused by fortuitous events.
Any additional expenditure caused by these events and their consequences will be supported by the Customer and will not give place to any refunding by MERU TOUR .
Throughout those events the obligations of the parties are suspended. This will include any cases of insurrection, riots and/or prohibitions of all nature pronounced by the authorities of the host country, as well as climate deterioration, medical and/or political conditions of the host country.
5) LEGAL DATAS
MERU TOUR is a Company under Cambodian’s right whose Head Office is located at:
26E1, National Road 6A – BANTEAY CHAS Village – SLORKRAM Commune
District and Province of SIEM REAP – Kingdom of CAMBODIA
The postal address of MERU TOUR is:
MERU TOUR – PO BOX 93062 SIEM REAP – CAMBODIA
MERU TOUR is registered in Cambodia with:
– the Register of Commerce N° Co.3627/081/Phnom Penh
– the Travel Agent License delivered by the Ministry for Tourism N° 269/10
– the VAT Identification Number N° 07-250004755
– the Legal Guarantee Deposit Account with the Foreign Trade Bank of Cambodia
– the Insurance for Civil Liability N° D/002/CGPA/10/000696 subscribed with the FORTE Insurance Company – Siem Reap Branch
6) PAYMENT’S INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE TRANSMITTING BANK
The payments will be carried out in US Dollars exclusively and by SWIFT transfer to our cambodian bank account or by standard bank transfer to our french bank account.
Transfer fees beeing charged to the Client only.
The paiment instructions will be provided with the proforma invoice send to the Client according to the schedule of point 23)
MERU TOUR : The whole of Cambodia for You… A personalized trip throughout the Khmer Country.